Top 4 reasons for offering EV charging at the workplace
- Attract and retain employees: Offering EV charging at the workplace can be a valuable employee benefit, helping to attract and retain top talent. Many people are interested in driving electric vehicles (EVs) but may be hesitant to do so if they don’t have access to charging at work.
- Improve employee productivity: Employees who have access to EV charging at work may be less stressed about finding a place to charge their car and may be more productive as a result.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions: Installing EV charging at the workplace can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions from transportation. EVs emit significantly lower levels of air pollution and greenhouse gases than gas-powered vehicles, so encouraging their use can have a positive impact on the environment.
- Save money: Providing EV charging at the workplace can help employees save money on fuel costs, as electricity is generally cheaper than gasoline. This can also help reduce the overall cost of transportation for the company.
- Foster a positive company image: Offering EV charging at the workplace can help a company build a positive reputation as an environmentally responsible and forward-thinking business. This can be attractive to customers and clients who value sustainability.